Southern Nevada Conservancy, a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Las Vegas, NV, carries out this mission at Spring Mountains National Recreation Area under a formal agreement with the USDA Forest Service (USFS). Founded in 1988 as Red Rock Canyon Interpretive Association, Southern Nevada Conservancy has served the Spring Mountains since 2001 and our many programs and services have helped visitors gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of the area's cultural and natural resources.
HOW YOUR CONTRIBUTION HELPS
Southern Nevada Conservancy supports Spring Mountains National Recreation Area in many ways including interpretive programming, volunteer management, and retail operations. Other services include:
· Interpretive, guided hikes
· Environmental education programming
· Youth programs on and off-site throughout the year
· Outreach into the local communities and internationally
· Visitor Center information services (i.e. maps, pamphlets, phone calls, website management)
· Special event management (i.e. Spring Cleaning, National Get Outdoors Day, National Public lands Day, Fall Festival, etc)
· Volunteer recruitment, training, and year-round service opportunities, including the popular Snow Host and Trail Host programs
Please consider supporting our mission in the Spring Mountains with a donation or by becoming a member today.
Also known as Mount Charleston, The Spring Mountains National Recreation Area offers opportunities for year-round fun. Learn about the area by exploring our Spring Mountains Visitor Gateway, join an interpretative program, or volunteer to conserve the forest environment!December 1, 2022 SMNRA RECREATION UPDATED AS OF 12 01 22 Visitor Centre The Spring Mountains Visitors Gateway is open from 9am to 4pm, seven days a semaine. Read More December 1, 20,22 Winter Visitors to Spring Mountains can enjoy all types of recreation. Visitor Center The Spring Mountains Visitor Gateway is open 9am-4pm 7 days a week. Las Personas Que visitan Spring Mountains En Invierno tienen la oportunidad desfrutar de todosos actividades recreativas. Read More September 27, 2022 More than a Million People rely on Spring Mountains to escape from the noise and heat of Las Vegas.